Watershed is currently in the quiet phase of a significant capital campaign to raise funds for: a year-round studio; a new Campus Commons building to house a gallery, retail area, a large flexible event space, offices and staff housing; and an endowment.
To support campaign activities, Watershed is seeking a Campaign Coordinator to collaborate with existing development and communications staff, the Executive Director, outside Campaign Counsel, the Campaign Committee, and the Board of Trustees. Responsibilities of this position include:
- Working closely with the Executive Director on overall campaign management and planning;
- Staffing the campaign committee – scheduling and creating agendas for regular conference calls, taking meeting notes, and monitoring staff and board member assignments and follow-up;
- Organizing and tracking prospect research;
- Assisting with major donor cultivation and stewardship (national reach) – scheduling meetings for Executive Director and/or Campaign Committee members, arranging travel as needed, drafting solicitation proposals, handling associated communications;
- Planning and coordination of all campaign events and activities, including volunteer-led efforts;
- Overseeing acknowledgement of all campaign gifts and pledges, and preparation of pledge payment reminders and pledge agreements;
- Maintaining master campaign calendar to maximize cultivation events and keep campaign committee on track; and
- Producing campaign progress reports for the Executive Director, Campaign Committee and Board as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant area preferred
- Development experience, including personal interactions with major donors
- High level of computer literacy, preferably with a development management database such as Raiser’s Edge or e-Tapestry, as well as prospect research software such as Donor Search
- Detail-oriented and committed to accuracy
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Creative problem solver
- Ability and desire to work as a member of a team
- Proficiency in organizing and managing projects
- Good judgment and ethical behavior
- Experience with event planning and/or crowd funding desirable
This position can be structured as a contractor agreement or as a part-time position (with benefits and the opportunity for a flexible work schedule). Approximately 24-32 hours/week required. Some weekend and evening work required.
Salary commensurate with experience and skill level.
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com