Watershed Center for the Ceramic Arts seeks a part-time Office Coordinator to keep our busy office running smoothly. The ideal candidate will be a friendly, flexible person who is highly organized and enjoys multi-tasking with careful attention to details.
General Admin/Office Management:
- Answer the phone; field inquiries to proper staff
- Manage incoming mail – open, sort and code for Director and Bookkeeper
- Manage/Assist with mailings: labels, stamps, postage, stuffing, etc.
- Maintain office supplies and order as needed
- Arrange for regular office cleaning
- Handle credit card purchases over the phone (as needed)
- General filing of hard copy and electronic documents
- Coordinate with external companies to ensure general smooth operation of the office (IT, telephone and internet, photocopier, etc.)
- Assist with website updates (includes creating new forms as needed) and processing online registrations, ticket sales, etc.
- Provide administrative support for the Executive Director (scheduling, travel, etc.)
Financial and Record Keeping Support:
- Assist Development and Communications staff with record keeping to track donations, registration data and fee payments, and other sales
- Code incoming bills for bookkeeper; assist with entering bills into Quickbooks
Gallery and Retail Support:
- Maintain gallery and retail space, greet visitors, handle purchases; pack and ship ceramics as needed.
- Manage Watershed merchandise in retail space – organize and display merchandise, keep track of inventory, work with other staff to order new merchandise
Artist Residency Program Support:
- Assist Outreach and Communications Director with fall and summer resident data, communications and arrival preparations
Community Outreach and Events:
- Coordinate community events with local partners: Soup Bowl Supper, Art Walks, Maine Craft Weekend, special events with neighboring farms, etc.
- Serve as community education point person. Coordinate and schedule programs; handle logistics for K-12 teacher workshops as needed (track registrations, advance contact with workshop participants, secure materials and supplies, food arrangements, etc.)
- Organize/communicate with artists re: special sales and exhibitions
- Assist with acquiring Salad Days advertisers, food donors, and organizing pottery sale artists
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in relevant area preferred
- Previous experience in an office administration position
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, ability to juggle multiple tasks
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Proficiency with Mac systems, Microsoft Office suite, and Google products; experience working with donor databases, online newsletters and back-end website maintenance desired
- Detail-oriented and committed to accuracy
- Excellent communication skills
- Creative problem solver
- Retail and/or event planning experience a plus
This is a part-time position, with the opportunity for a flexible work schedule. Approximately 24-32 hours/week. Some weekend and evening work required.
Salary commensurate with experience and skill level.
Please send a cover letter and resume by January 15, 2019 to email@example.com or to Watershed Center for the Ceramic Arts, 19 Brick Hill Road, Newcastle, Maine 04553.