If you would like to be notified of the rescheduled date, please email email@example.com
This two-day hands-on workshop, taught by Watershed’s studio manager Reeder Fahnestock, will cover basic processes and techniques for fabricating two piece molds to create slip cast ceramics. You will come away with a new two-part mold and the skills to lead students through the mold-making process. Topics covered will include:
- Selecting and preparing objects to be molded
- Measuring, mixing and pouring plaster
- Casting slip formulation
- Casting objects with slip
- Common problems encountered during the process
- Participants should bring a notebook and pencil.
- All materials will be provided, including an object suitable for two-piece casting. You are encouraged to bring personal objects to review their suitability for casting with the instructor.
- Payment for workshop is due online with registration. Watershed can provide you with a receipt to submit for reimbursement.
- Watershed will offer a light breakfast and lunch during the workshop days.
- Dinners and overnight accommodations on campus will not be available. Participants will be responsible for dinners and arranging their own overnight accommodations. See our FAQs for a list of area lodging options.
- The workshop will be held at Watershed’s Windgate Studio. Head to 19 Brick Hill Rd in Newcastle, stay right at the fork and follow to the end of the road.
- Watershed will provide proof of contact hours for participants.
- This workshop is limited to 8 participants to provide ample opportunities for individualized instruction.
COVID Safety Protocols
Watershed’s priority is the safety of workshop participants, instructors, and staff.
- Participants will be required to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination upon arrival.
- Participants will be required to wear masks indoors and if working in close proximity to each other outdoors.
- Watershed’s new Windgate Studio is large enough to ensure at least 6 feet of social distancing. The Studio is also equipped with a new ventilation system that includes MERV 8 and 13 filters.