Your generosity allows Watershed to provide art-changing and life-changing experiences for artists at all stages of their careers. Read below to learn about ways you can support Watershed.DONATE
Help meet Watershed’s most pressing needs and cover operating costs to sustain our annual programs.DONATE
Support artist scholarships in the following ways:
- The Scholarship Fund
Contributions to the Watershed Scholarship Fund support merit scholarships that cover up to 75% of the cost of an artist’s residency. Watershed welcomes gifts of any size to this fund. Scholarship Fund donors who give $500 or more are recognized as members of the Patrons Circle.GIVE NOW
- Kiln Gods
Historically, kiln gods are clay figures placed on kilns to provide good luck during a firing. At Watershed, Kiln Gods are generous donors who contribute $2,500 to fund one resident artist for a two-week residency. The funding covers housing, meals, and studio space – as well as associated overhead costs. Kiln God awards are juried and highly competitive.
Become a Kiln God by making your contribution online (click the button below) or by contacting us at Development@watershedceramics.org.BECOME A KILN GOD
- Named Endowments
Establish a named endowment with a gift of $35,000 or more and provide Watershed with annual revenue for decades to come. These funds will be invested permanently and the income generated by the fund will support Watershed artist scholarships. Donations may be spread over multiple years.
To learn more or to establish a named endowment, please contact Watershed’s Executive Director, Fran Rudoff, at email@example.com.
The Griggs Circle recognizes donors who make a three-year commitment to support Watershed at annual levels of $1,500 or more. This leadership giving level is named in honor of Watershed founder, Margaret M. Griggs, who gifted the land for Watershed’s campus. Mirroring “Peg’s” generous and visionary spirit, Griggs Circle members provide support that Watershed can depend on year after year.JOIN GRIGGS
Multi-year gifts from Griggs Circle members are essential to Watershed, because your funds:
- Help meet Watershed’s most pressing needs, from daily operations and critical facilities maintenance to supporting the signature residency, workshop, and community programs.
- Provide revenue we can count on for upcoming years. With substantial growth in Watershed’s near future, having a reliable revenue stream is more critical than ever.
Join the Patrons Circle by making a one-time donation of $500 or more*. Patrons Circle members receive special acknowledgement for their significant contributions to Watershed, along with a thank you gift.GIVE NOW
Direct Your Support to:
- The Annual Fund
From daily operations and critical facilities maintenance to supporting residency, workshop, and community programs, your donation will have a big impact.
- The Watershed Scholarship Fund
Support a talented artist’s residency at Watershed.
*Those who make contributions to the Griggs Circle, Kiln God scholarships, or named endowments are not considered Patrons Circle members and are recognized in other ways.
Named to honor Watershed’s origins as a brick-making factory, The Brick Hill Society recognizes the generosity and vision of those who choose to leave a legacy through estate or deferred gifts.
- Provide a crucial base for the future of Watershed
- May offer you significant income or estate tax savings
- May enable you to give a larger gift than would otherwise be possible
Ways to Give
- Make a bequest in your will
- Name Watershed as the beneficiary of a life insurance or retirement account
- Make a gift to Watershed via a charitable remainder trust
- Make a gift to Watershed through a charitable gift annuity (at age 60+)
- Donate a portion of your IRA (at age 70 ½ +)
Consult your financial planner, attorney or advisor to set up your legacy gift.
Watershed honors the lasting support of Brick Hill Society members in our online and printed media, and through special Society activities and events. Gifts may also be given anonymously, or in memoriam or honor of a loved one.
Please let us know if you have included Watershed in your will or other financial plans.
For more information on ways to join The Brick Hill Society, please contact Watershed’s Executive Director, Fran Rudoff at firstname.lastname@example.org or at (207) 882-6075.
Other Ways to Give
- Gifts of Stock can be given to support any of the areas mentions above.
- Matching gifts are a great way to double your donation’s impact. Check with your employer to see if they have a matching gift program.
- In Kind Gift are also a wonderful way to support Watershed with tangible items. Here are some ideas of in-kind gifts: