We are thrilled to welcome guests back to campus for Watershed’s 2022 Salad Days fundraiser on Saturday, July 9! Highlights of the celebration include:
- One-of-a-kind plates by 2022 Salad Days Artist Grace Tessein
- The Invitational Pottery Sale with work by more than thirty artists
- Tours of our new studio, and much more!
Event Details & Schedule
When: Saturday, July 9 from 11:00 am to 2:00 pm
Where: Watershed’s main campus at 19 Brick Hill Road, Newcastle, Maine
Open all day:
Plate selection, Pottery Sale & live demonstrations by artists
11:00 am – 1:00 pm: Brunch
Select delicious treats and drinks from the Watershed buffet or bring your own picnic.
11:30 am – 1:00 pm: Studio Tours
Take a thirty-minute guided tour of Watershed’s new Windgate Studio.
Sign up in advance for a tour in the Watershed tent. Masks are required inside the studio.
1:00 pm: Reverse Raffle Drawing
Every raffle ticket holder wins a handmade ceramic piece!
Raffle tickets are for sale at the event.
Tickets & Salad Days Plates
New this year: Guests must purchase Salad Days plate tickets online prior to the event. Watershed will not sell plate tickets during Salad Days. Guests are welcome to shop the pottery sale, take a tour, picnic on the lawn, and watch artist demos without a ticket.
Plate tickets – $55 each
Ticket includes one handmade plate by Grace Tessein and brunch. Tickets are only available online in advance. Ticket holders then select the plate of their choice at Salad Days.
Brunch tickets – $10 each
Ticket includes access to the Salad Days brunch buffet. Brunch tickets are available online or at the event.
VIP Pass – $150 each
Pass includes all-access to our special VIP event on Friday July 8, a handmade Grace Tessein plate, and Saturday brunch during Salad Days on July 9.
Food & Beverages
Enjoy a bounty of fresh fruits, veggies, other salad-inspired snacks during this safely-served light brunch.
While the community picnic will look a bit different this year, these changes are intended to keep guests safe and healthy during the Salad Days celebration. Tables will be spaciously arranged under a shaded tent, and picnickers can dine in the field. Guests are welcome to bring their own picnic and blanket if they prefer.
Event attendees who are 21+ can also enjoy one complimentary brunch drink with the purchase of a handmade stein from the Pottery Sale tent.
The annual Salad Days Pottery Sale provides a rare opportunity to purchase work directly from nationally-recognized ceramic artists. Our 2022 sale will feature functional ceramic pieces, jewelry, and decorative work by more than thirty ceramists. Preview a sampling of their handmade pieces and find the full list of featured artists below.
Sale Sneak Peek
Health & Safety
We’re excited to welcome guests back to Watershed while remaining mindful of the health and safety of all attendees. Plans for the Salad Days celebration consider current case counts in our area and are informed by state and federal CDC recommendations. In the event that our Salad Days plans evolve, updates will be posted here.
Safely Celebrating Outdoors
- The majority of Salad Days activities will take place outside.
- We have increased tent sizes for the plate selection tent and dining space to support socially distanced activity.
- Picnicking on the lawn is encouraged!
- During tours of the studio, guests are required to a wear mask when inside the building.
- Outdoor masking is optional.
- Brunch will be served by staff outside using Covid-safe protocols, including food in single-serve portions and packaging, and use of paper plates.
- Ceramic Salad Days plates will be handled by multiple guests during the selection process. Please wash your plate at home prior to use.
- If you have a known COVID exposure or illness, please do not attend the event. See our refund policy for details.
Contact us with questions or concerns regarding these guidelines before purchasing tickets or attending the event.