Please join us for Watershed’s 28th annual Salad Days event, featuring nearly 500 handmade plates by Ali Saunders. Plate tickets go on sale June 1st.
Saturday, July 8th
11:00 am to 2:00 pm
19 Brick Hill Road, Newcastle, ME (map)
Watershed’s annual Salad Days celebration and fundraiser provides an opportunity to learn about ceramic art, artists working in clay, and our programs that support their growth. Visit Watershed during the event to:
- Shop the invitational pottery sale featuring studio pottery & jewelry by 30+ artists.
- Watch demos by artists-in-residence.
- Enjoy a picnic lunch of fresh salads.
- Win ceramic prizes in the raffle.
- Sample Salad Daze seasonal lager with your purchase of a handmade beer stein.
- Tour Watershed’s Windgate studio.
Event Details & Schedule
When: Saturday, July 8 from 11:00 am to 2:00 pm
Where: Watershed’s main campus at 19 Brick Hill Road, Newcastle, Maine
Open all day:
Plate selection, demonstrations by artists-in-residence, Invitational Pottery Sale & Stein Sale. Event attendees who are 21+ can sample “Salad Daze” lager from Bunker Brewing Co. with the purchase of a handmade stein.
11:00 am – 1:00 pm: Salad Buffet
Enjoy a bounty of fresh salads, breads and desserts during the celebratory picnic. Gluten-free, dairy-free, and vegetarian fare will be available. Guests can dine under a large shady tent or in the field.
11:45 am – 12:30 pm: Studio Tours
Take a thirty-minute guided tour of Watershed’s Windgate Studio.
1:00 pm: Reverse Raffle Drawing
Every raffle ticket holder wins a handmade ceramic piece.
Purchase your raffle tickets at the event.
Safely Celebrating Outdoors
- The majority of Salad Days activities take place outside.
- We encourage guests to mask while touring the Windgate studio.
- Because ceramic Salad Days plates are handled by multiple event attendees during the selection process, guests will enjoy their lunch on paper plates. Please wash your plate at home prior to use.
- If you have a known COVID exposure or are ill, please do not attend Salad Days. See our refund policy for details.
Please contact us with questions or concerns regarding these guidelines before purchasing tickets or attending the event.
Tickets & Salad Days Plates
Purchase VIP passes now! Plate & lunch tickets go on sale June 1st.
Plate tickets – $55 each
Ticket holders will select the plate of their choice at Salad Days. Plate tickets must be purchased online prior to the event.
Lunch tickets – $15 each
Ticket includes access to the Salad Days lunch buffet. Ticket may be purchased online or at the event.
VIP Pass – $155 each
Pass includes all-access to our special VIP event on Friday July 7, a handmade Ali Saunders plate, and lunch during Salad Days on July 8.
2023 Salad Days Plates
The annual Salad Days Pottery Sale provides a rare opportunity to purchase work directly from nationally-recognized ceramic artists. Our 2023 sale will feature functional ceramics, jewelry, and decorative work by more than thirty artists. Preview a sampling of their handmade pieces and find the full list of featured artists below.
Sale Sneak Peek
|Nicole Aquillano||Ingrid Bathe||Yael Braha||Sam Briegel|
|Brian Buckland||Ashley Campbell||Tim Christensen||Emily Christopherson|
|Janna DeWan||April Felipe||Aidan Fraser||Stuart Gair|
|Whitney Gill||Martha Grover||Wendy Jackson||Bradley Klem|
|Soozie Large||Didem Mert||Anna Metcalfe||Taylor Mezo|
|Justin Morgan||Abigail Murray||Alice Nasto||Hannah Niswonger|
|Karen Orsillo||Marilyn Perry||Liz Proffetty||Jenny Rush|
|Ali Saunders||Tricia Schmidt||Austin Smith||Grace Tessein|
|Meg Walsh||Malley Weber||Alana Wilson||Christine Caswell|
Lend a hand for 2-3 hours between 10:00 am and 2:30 pm on Saturday, July 8. Roles include:
- Greeting guests
- Carrying food trays
- Checking in plate ticketholders
- Assisting in the plate tent
- Selling raffle tickets
- Replenishing food & drinks
- Handing out bottled water
- Guiding guests in the parking area
Volunteers receive free lunch (and our utmost gratitude)! Sign up to volunteer here.